Welcome to Pillar To Post™ Philadelphia Inspection Group – Rawlings Team. As part of your community, we are pleased to provide our local customers in Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties, real estate professionals, home buyers and home sellers with a home inspection service that brings to the buying or selling of a home unmatched quality, precision, integrity, and professionalism, with over 30+ years of inspection, construction, and journeymen experience.
We call what we do The Moment of Truth. It is the moment when the emotion of buying and selling a home meets the reality of the issues of that home. We inspect the unexpected, providing you with the best possible inspection service you can ever have. Our work is to communicate effectively, knowledgeably, efficiently, and openly about the condition of a home.
We understand that our customers trust us to inform and educate them about what we see and what we find, and this is a trust we hold in the highest regard. With 52+ years of combined experience amongst our inspectors, and over 18,000 inspections performed, you know you can trust the Pillar To Post™ Philadelphia Group – Rawlings Team, with your home inspection.
Real estate professionals
For real estate professionals, our work is a commitment to the understanding that their reputation is our responsibility and that a relationship with us reinforces the confidence their clients have in them.
For the home buyer, our work is an objective explanation of the condition of the potential new home to which an emotional tie is already being formed.
For the home seller our work is to honor the home they have lived in, and to report on its condition observed at the time of the inspection.
For all of our customers, Pillar To Post™ considers the home a place of the heart, as it houses the people that are loved and the memories of lifetimes. This is why we call Pillar To Post™ The Home of Home Inspection™.
Our Pillar to Post inspections and PTP360 virtual reports are second to none. They are concise, easy to read, non-biased, detailed reports with over 30-100 depicted photos and a true 360° virtual inspection tour. Approximate cost estimates are provided as a guideline on major defects that may arise from the visual examination of materials, systems and components.
The Pillar To Post™ Philadelphia Group – Rawlings Team is dedicated to providing a high level of commitment and service. We are professional, prompt, respectful, courteous, knowledgeable, thorough, and have a great attention to detail. We set ourselves apart from other inspectors in the following ways:
- Follow all state and local Covid CDC guidelines, before during and after the inspections.
- EZBook™. We take care all communication and scheduling for the inspection process.
- Same service, 6 days a week.
- Inspect over 1,600 items throughout the home, including system and components.
- We walk on and inspect every roof possible and provide all photos in the report.
- Best trained ASHI Certified Inspectors. Tom Weldon, Ryan Breen, Scott Rawlings
- All major defects are summarized in our reports on the summary pages. A typical Pillar To Post™ Philadelphia Inspection Group report ranges from 40-70 pages of detailed information about your new home.
- Care taken in your inspection process to leave home as though we were never there.
- Before and after inspection questions.
In addition to providing excellent customer service and home inspections, the Scott Rawlings Team is your one-stop shop for home inspection and high-quality ancillary services for your home. We offer the following additional services:
- Termite Inspection: Visual evaluation for past, present signs of wood destroying insects and if the property was treated in the past. A separate PA. DEP/EPA, State Certification will be accompanied with your Inspection report.
- Radon Inspection: A 48-hour test that measures the radon levels in a home for Real-Estate transactions. Radon is a clear, odorless gas that permeates up from the soil into the homes living environment. Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States. DEP FIRM ID# 1941
- Mold Air Sampling: Two air samples collected. One test on the exterior (quality control) and a second for the interior of the home. All air quality sampling collection cylinders will be sent to a third-party independent laboratory for test results. Laboratory analysis will determine the presence and type of mold. (Additional samples can be added for an additional cost).
- Mold Swab Sampling: Suspect organic biological growth (mold), is physically swabbed and sent to a third-party independent laboratory for test results. Laboratory analysis will determine the presence and type of mold. (Additional samples can be added for an additional cost).
- Bulk / Dust Sampling: Sample areas for suspect asbestos, lead-paint, toxic-drywall clandestine/illegal-drug labs and any environmental substrates. Collections of samples will be sent to a third-party independent laboratory for test results. Laboratory analysis will determine the presence and confirm ppm levels of suspect materials. (Additional samples can be added for an additional cost).
- Environmental Relative Moldiness Index Research Tool: (ERMI) sampling. An extreme 36 panel analysis developed by the EPA, for sensitive micro vac nozzle that will confirm any existing and pre-existing of settled dust, pet dandruff, vermin infestation, bedbugs, roaches, all molds, allergens and DNA.
- Solar Panel System Inspections: We inspect pre-installation and Post Solar panel installations. Check exterior roof coverings/systems and panel placement. Determine the roof structure load requirements, proper roof rafter designs for the panel’s locations, and installations. Adequacy of direct lumens variations for best energy consumption. Report on visible deficiencies. Trace and check all visible associated components.
- Soil Sampling: Conduct site inspection and retrieve samples around buried oil tanks. Asbestos and lead paint from left over construction debris/deposits in and around old, new construction homes from demolition and construction soil back fill.
- Chimney /Fireplace Inspections: Visual Inspection with Camera Scope of the flue as able: Evaluation of the chimney, flue, firebox, and all additional components of the fireplace (additional fireplaces can be added for additional cost per fireplace).
- Visual Pool Inspection: This is a complete visual inspection of the pool structure, surrounding decking, mechanical and electrical components. This will include, but is not limited to: Tile, Grout, Coping, Interior Finish, Caulk/Expansion Joints, Deck, Skimmers, Ladder, Handrails, Main Drain Cover, Anchors, Inlets/Fittings, Ropes, Slides, Dives Boards, Covers, Pumps/Motor, Filter, Heater, Piping, Valves, Chemical Feeders, Gauges, Automatic Cleaning Equipment, Timeclocks/Automation Controls, Switches, and Lights/GFCI.
- Visual Pool Inspection and Pressure Test: In this test, the pool plumbing (skimmer, returns and cleaner lines) will be pressurized using air to 10-15 psi for 15 minutes. This will indicate if any of these lines have been broken.
- Septic Test & Inspection: Inspect all components and functional flow to the septic system (tank, aerator, grinder, etc.) This does not include the lateral line from the house to the septic tank.
- Sewer Lateral Inspection: A camera will scope the sewer line to detect any breaks, roots and/or obstructions as able. Report and photos are included.
- Well Water Inspection: The well inspection covers water testing analysis from an independent laboratory, to determine safe drinking levels. An evaluation of the well head and visible associated pipes. Including valves, pressure gauges /tanks, electrical supply bonding /grounding and wiring.
- Lead & Heavy Metals Water Sampling: Sample drinking water for the percentages of heavy metals. A test analysis will confirm EPA’s safe drinking water standards from lead water distribution pipes in a home.
- Infrared Camera inspections, included with Premium and Prestige inspection packages: Hydraulically load the entire pluming system from all water distribution supply via, fixtures, toilets and wastewater drain pipes. We check the entire interior for possible signs for moisture and water infiltration. The Infrared camara can capture the imagery, beyond the scope of a visual inspection with the necked eye. Once spotted, verify the spots with a second means of verification, utilizing a moisture meter. Including underneath roof covered ceilings, attic roof sheathing, all bathroom, kitchens and basement walls. Electrical hot spots can be found, utilizing the same methods & means by checking the main & sub electric panels, light switches and receptacles. Discovered items to be listed with photos in the inspection report.
- Stucco & EFIS moisture inspections: Stucco & Exterior Foam Insulation Stucco, (EFIS). These façade wall types, have different installation standards from over the years, due to many deficiencies. Stucco & EFIS exterior wall finishing’s has been the most problematic façade wall coverings in history, as they fail within a short period time. Creating water infiltration from that impacts the interior finishing’s. Subsequential water related issues in the home, can be conducive to mold and structural wood damage. These failed conditions could be very costly to repair, possibly relocating your family due to interior unhealthy air quality conditions and structural integrity.
- Missing expansion joints.
- Improper or missing flashing details.
- Failed/missing sealant at all similar & dissimilar materials.
- Cracks, open gaps & façade wall stains.
- Missing or improper drip edges.
- Spalling & defacing.
- Surface delamination.
Please Note: If you choose the Premium Building Inspection, our specialty services of Radon, Termite, and Mold are discounted by 15%. If you choose the Prestige Building Inspection, our specialty services of Radon, Termite, and Mold discount by 30%.